IMPORTANT: Please follow these steps without taking any shortcuts
- Wash the hair twice with Clarifying Shampoo, rinse and towel dry.
- Blow-dry the hair on a medium heat until completely dry.
- Comb the hair thoroughly.
- Shake the product well before use.
- Brush the Brazilian Keratin Treatment onto sections of hair (avoiding the scalp) and comb out the excess.
- After 10 minutes, blow-dry the hair on a medium heat until completely dry.
- Using hair straighteners set at 220°C or 430°F, straighten the hair up to 5 times to seal in the treatment.
- Do not wash or tie up the hair for 3 days. If hair gets wet re-straighten with hot hair straighteners.
- After 3 days, wash the hair with Sodium Chloride (Salt) Free shampoo and conditioner.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any kind of straightening.
2. Is this treatment a relaxer?
No. It is a treatment based on keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
3. Can I colour my hair after the treatment?
Yes. We recommend doing so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment. For better results we actually recommend only after you colour your hair.
4. Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any chemically treated hair.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can do the highlights and do the treatment right after.
7. Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. We recommend on children 10 and over
8. Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and when?
Yes, 3 whole days after you have done the treatment.
9. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only 3 days after doing the treatment.
10. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 3 days?
Blow dry immediately.
11. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Yes. 3 days after the treatment
12. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
2 months on virgin hair, and 3-4 on any other type of hair.
13. What shampoo and Conditioner can I use after doing the treatment?
Sodium chloride (salt) free products only
14. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
The whole head
15. When should I have the treatment done again?
2-3 months or as needed.
16. Can I do the treatment every month?
17. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. we recommend cutting your hair afterwards, so this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
18. Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse, or any other hair products on my hair during the first 3 day period?
19. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair.
20. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing?
It is not recommended by the Health Department.
There are no products to list in this category.